Olive Oil is rich in Vitamins A & E and in turn helps in repairing skin damages caused due to various factors. It also helps in regaining skin’s elasticity thus helping in keeping the skin younger looking and hence delaying the process of aging.
Coconut oil contains Lauric acid that has strong antimicrobial properties and Vit. E that is a strong antioxidant. It is a great moisturizer and gets absorbed in skin easily.
Vit. E, as we all know, is the essential vitamin of skin and is also a good preservative. It is used as a anti-aging agent.
Wheatgerm oil is rich in Vit. A, B and D and antioxidants. It helps in maintaining healthy skin and in regulating collagen production.
How To Make DIY Anti-Aging Olive Oil Facial Night Cream
This simple and easy to make night cream contains five ingredients in total and takes about 10 minutes to make.
1/4 cup olive oil (you can buy from here)
2 tbsp solidified coconut oil (buy from here)
1/2 tsbp grated beeswax (buy from here)
3 Vit. E capsules or few drops of Vit. E oil
10 drops of wheatgerm oil (buy from here)
- Melt beeswax in olive oil using a double boiler or in microwave
- Add solidified coconut oil to the mix
- Add wheatgerm oil and Vit. E oil
- Add any essential oil of your choice for added benefits (optional)
- Whip the whole mixture and store in a jar
The cream may not become fluffy at one go. If it does – depending on the quantity of coconut oil – good for you. If it doesn’t, store the cream in a jar or tub and let it cool. You can also let it refrigerate. After a while, the cream will begin to solidify.
Beeswax acts as a binding agent while making such creams. If your cream doesn’t solidify at all and stays in liquid form, you can melt 1/2 teaspoon beeswax and add to it or else use it in the liquid form itself. But too much of beeswax can make the cream solid and thus can make it difficult to scoop out while applying on face.
My cream solidified overnight. So this method worked well for me but you can try out different mixes.
Since we have added Vit. E to the cream and it is a preservative in itself, the cream can easily go on for about 3 months.
Benefits of DIY Anti-Aging Olive Oil Facial Night Cream
- It acts as a strong anti-ageing night cream
- Works overnight to give you soft, supple and younger looking skin
- Free from harmful chemicals and preservatives
- Contains natural ingredients that can be customized as per your skin type
- For eg., you can add tea tree oil to get rid of skin blemishes
- It is also a great moisturizer and keeps the skin hydrated night long
- Great for dry skin type
All in all, this is a great night cream which is not only a good moisturizer but a good anti-ageing cream as well. Homemade creams take longer to show effects and may not smell or look as great as the market bought products, but you can be assured that you are using the best ingredients on your skin and that you are not exposing them to harmful chemicals.
Try it out and let me know how it fares on your skin.