Why skin ages?
Aging is a natural process that everyone faces. With age, the skin loses its firmness and elasticity due to a decrease in the production of collagen and elastin.
In addition, our skin is constantly exposed to the environment. Sun rays, polluted air, stress, smoking accelerate the aging process, and the wrong choice of cosmetics and lack of regular care leads to even greater deterioration of the skin condition.
Secrets of youthful skin
Fortunately, there are several secrets that will help preserve the youth and beauty of the skin:
- hydration – drink enough water and use skin moisturizers. According to modern recommendations, an adult needs 30 ml of water per 1 kg of body weight, that is, for a weight of 50 kg, the daily volume of water is 1.5 liters;
- proper nutrition - eat food rich in antioxidants (fruits, vegetables, nuts and greens). In addition to nutrition, you can use medicinal products with an antioxidant effect;
- regular care - do not forget to use delicate cosmetics for daily care;
- sun protection – wear hats and use sunscreen with a high SPF to protect your skin from the harmful effects of UV rays;
- healthy lifestyle – avoid stress, bad habits and maintain an active lifestyle;
- anti-aging cosmetics – a special type of cosmetic products designed to combat the signs of skin aging and help preserve its youth and beauty. Most often, it begins to be used after the age of 35, although there are usually no particularly strict age restrictions. Manufacturers indicate the approximate age when it is appropriate to use a particular product. Thanks to various active components, you can choose the best antiaging cosmetics for women in their 30s and after 50.
What is included in the composition of anti-aging cosmetics?
Anti-aging products contain various components, the action of which is aimed at reducing the appearance of wrinkles, improving skin texture, increasing its elasticity and moisturizing:
- collagen and elastin - proteins that give the skin firmness and elasticity, reduce the appearance of wrinkles;
- antioxidants - vitamins C, E, coenzyme Q10 and other antioxidants protect the skin from the effects of free radicals - oxidants that damage skin cells, accelerating its aging;
- peptides - these small proteins contribute to the stimulation of collagen production and improve skin texture;
- hyaluronic acid – helps retain moisture, moisturizing the skin and making it more elastic and radiant;
- retinol – an active form of vitamin A, helps reduce wrinkles and improve skin tone, promotes cellular renewal. Importantly! Means with retinol are prohibited for use during pregnancy, and sometimes at the stage of its planning;
- plant extracts - some plant extracts (green tea, chamomile, etc.) tone and protect skin cells.
- anti-aging face serums;
- scrubs and much more.
How to choose anti-ageing cosmetics?
Antiaging cosmetics are an important step on the way to preserving youth and beauty. But remember: you should not take the best serum or cream from the store shelf. To achieve maximum results, be careful and study the composition of the product. Read the ingredient list on the label and avoid harmful synthetics, because your skin absorbs everything you put on it.
Follow the simple rules:
- avoid cosmetics with silicone, parabens, sulfates, artificial fragrances and dyes, propylene glycol (usually written as PEG or PPG), synthetic oils, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS, SDS);
- pay attention to anti-aging products with natural components that carefully care for your skin.